Sunday, November 29, 2009

American Thanksgiving, Christmas Prep & My New Room

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! We have once again been very busy.

This was a long weekend due to the American thanksgiving celebrations. Daddy worked on the actual thanksgiving day but then he had Fri-Sun off, which has been fantastic. This morning when we woke up, Daddy made french toast for breakfast and then we got working on putting up our Christmas tree. I love christmas decorations, they are so much fun to play with. Mommy and Daddy kept telling me I was being a good little helper!!!


Here I am helping daddy put the last part of the tree on. I didn't know you could make trees...

I think my favorite decoration is the christmas beads that Mommy and Daddy hang on the tree, they make a great necklace!




Here is our tree with the lights on, the beads and all of our family decorations. Mommy was getting all nostalgic while hanging the ornaments. Last year we didn't have them here in Tennessee, somehow they got left behind in Canada but we made sure to bring them back this year!


It is officially Christmas in the Hollinger house!


The next exciting thing that happened this weekend has to do with my "big girl" bedroom. All of my new furniture was delivered and Mommy & Daddy worked all day on Saturday to get it all set up. I love all my new stuff and I have to thank Gigi and Papa for buying it for me, they are so generous, I love them very much!

Last night we decided that there was no point in waiting and that I would make the change to my new room. I wasn't too sure about it at first but eventually I went to sleep and slept until 6am then I got a little freaked out and screamed for Mommy & Daddy. Mommy jumped into bed with me and we went back to sleep for another hour.


Check out my bed, I have a Queen bed, that is right, I am going from a crib to a Queen, just perfect for the Princess in me!!! Ryder loves my new bed, everytime we are looking for him that is exactly where we find him, sleeping on my bed!


This is my bookcase, where I have put all my books and my stuffed animals!

Mommy made us a family thanksgiving dinner on Saturday since we didn't have any turkey for Canadian thanksgiving. The dinner was very yummy! I loved the mashed potatoes, mommy whipped them and added cream cheese, yum, yum, yum, delisioso (as Dora would say). The turkey was also really good, Daddy had this idea to stuff it with apples and wow it was fantastic!

I got all dressed up in one of my tutu's and tights the other day, just simply for playing around the house!
Isn't my tutu pretty!

I had my first gymnastics class here in Tennessee just the other day and both mommy and daddy were able to come and help out. I am learning to jump on the trampoline, do the balance beam and get over my fear of heights!





I have recently taken an interest in cleaning and like to help mommy whenever I can. Here I am helping her mop the dining room floor!


Well that is all for now! We have started our Christmas coutdown, only 23 days till we head home to Canada and only 26 days till Christmas, I can't wait!!!
Love y'all,
Emmie

No comments: