Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas in Canada 2009

I can't believe Christmas is all over and we have started a new year. Where do I begin...we made the long trip back to Canada on the 21st, it took us 13.5 hours, which meant I got to watch lots of movies in the car! We were only home in Canada for 8 days and boy were they busy. Which is why you will notice this blog post has lots of pictures.

The festivities began on the 23rd at the annual Marshall's Christmas party with all my cousins. Santa must write this date in his calendar each year because he was there again and he brought all of us a present. I was still a little unsure of this guy with the big white beard, so I didn't get too close!






Here is the newest baby cousin in our family, Cameron, isn't he adorable!

Andrew is the oldest kid cousin and he got this real cool hockey game from Santa that Rebecca, Elsa and I were having fun watching him play!


Heidi and I exchanged Christmas gifts again this year and she got me the coolest tinkerbell dress up outfit, I just love it!


We ended up having a dance party with all the kids, it was so much fun!



On Christmas Eve day we went to visit some of my great grandparents. Grandmere and Great Grandpa Ben in Victoria Harbour during the day and Great Gramma Hollinger at night! We got a few pics and Grandmere's house but forgot the camera when we went to Gramma Hollingers!!!


I took a nap at Grandmere's and boy was I pooped, everybody came into the room to see me and wake me up and I just kept sleeping.


Gigi's and Papa's Christmas tree was packed on Christmas Eve, Santa brought lots of gifts to their house, it was unbelievable. We all must have been really good in 2009! Thanks Santa!!!

On Christmas morning everybody was up before me, my daddy actually ended up waking me because he couldn't wait to start opening presents, he is such a big kid!

I got the cutest baby doll from American girl and she came with a crib and high chair, now I have my own baby to take care of. I haven't figured out a name yet, still working on it!

Check out my cute christmas pyjama's!


Gigi and Papa bought all of us Olympic Canada wear for Christmas, I really liked Uncle ryan's hat and decided it look better on me, than on him!



Gigi had to help me open my presents, there were so many, I was getting tired! Thanks Gigi!




We got Papa a really cool Christmas gift this year, a laptop! Now he can see me on Skype and I will be able to see him too!!! He cried when Mommy showed it to him.


We had some of our cousins over for dinner on Christmas day, Dawn and Patsy! They brought me some gifts, which they really didn't have to but I did really like them. Here is Dawn and I on the couch reading one of my new books! Thanks Dawn and Patsy!!!

Check out my new tutu that Gigi bought for me, I love it, I look just like a ballerina!

Uncle Ryan got me the neatest gift, a tinkerbell tea set. So of course we had a tea party after dinner, it was my very first real tea party and I thought it was so cool!!!





On Boxing day we were suppose to head up to Sudbury but due to freezing rain we were unable to make it. Great Granny had sent a gift down for me, so I jumped up into bed with Papa and we opened it together. She got me some princess dress up shoes and a crown, they are so pretty, it makes me feel like a little Princess!!!



We did manage to get up to Collingwood after some bad weather passed and did some skiing. I think skiing is so much fun, I can't wait to go again. Thanks to Rebecca for lending me her helmet and skiis!

After we finished skiing we went back to the Conliffe's cottage and warmed up by the fire and had a really nice dinner thanks the Chef Roy!


Daddy was crazy he went out in the hottub and it was freezing outside and snow everywhere but he said it was really relaxing!!!

We also got to see so many other people when we were home but didn't manage to get any pictures to post. Kiki and Bobo had us over to Kiki's mom's house in Guelph one night for dinner and Amy and Sarah came over for a visit the night before we left. It was so nice to get to see all of them, I know it meant a lot to Daddy and Mommy to get to see their friends.
We almost didn't get to see my friend Cassie but thankfully on our way out of town on the 30th we got in a quick visit. Cassie and I played dress up and had a dance party, I think mommy and daddy were hoping this would tucker me out for our long drive back home, but it didn't! It took us 14 hours to get home and I only slept for 4 hours in total...but Mommy and Daddy kept telling me I was being such a good girl. Wish we could have stayed in Canada longer and had more time to visit with everyone but Daddy has to work, as I always say "Daddy work, Daddy work"!
Happy New year to all of you! Wishing everyone all the best in 2010.
Love y'all,
Emmie

No comments: