Saturday, October 4, 2008

8 months old and learning new things everyday


Hi Everyone, can you believe October is already here and I am now 8 months old. Mommy keeps saying she wants me to just stop growing and stay as a little baby, silly Mommy!!!

It has been a bit of a long week, I haven't been feeling all that well. My nose won't stop running and it is keeping me up at night. I feel bad for Mommy because she has had to sit up with me at night and try to make me feel better. Thank goodness Mommy and Daddy got their new bed this week, this way Mommy at least is getting good sleep when she can. Their new bed is huge, you have to climb onto it, Dexter and Ryder are actually having a really hard time jumping up on it which Daddy thinks is great!






We had our Southern breakfast last weekend at Kara and Chris's house and it was well liked, both Mommy and Daddy had seconds! After breakfast was done we all got ready and went out to the Mize Farm days at the local Farm & Garden store. They had all different types of animals there, I got to pet a donkey, sit on a horse and wear a pink cowboy hat. We had lots of fun! I was very proud of Fisher, he not only sat on the horse he went on a horse ride.








Mommy says to not pay any attention to her hair in the family picture below, it was just one of those days, it was sticky and wet outside! We all thought you would find this sticker we saw on a truck to be quite funny, you know you are in the south when...







I have decided that I no longer want to crawl unless I have to, I would much rather walk around all the furniture and pull myself up on everything that I can. I really like to play in the kitchen and try to open the cupboards and drawers, Daddy still hasn't put latches on the kitchen drawers, yipee for me!





I got a new toy this week as well, it was lent to me from my friend "Molly", she is 2 1/2 years old. Well actually, Molly had it first, then Ella and now me, thank goodness for nice neighbors! It is my very own hot pink car and I love it, check out the video below of me playing in it.








Something very exciting happened on Thursday Oct. 2nd, I said my very first word "MaMa"! Oh my gosh, Mommy got so excited to hear me say it, she started to clap and scream. She sat down in front of me and had me say at least three times in a row and of course I did. Then she called Daddy and Gigi and Gram to tell them. I think Daddy was a little sad that I didn't say "DaDa" first, but I told him not to worry just give me some more time to figure it out. They tried to get me saying it on camera, listen to the video below you might be able to hear me.





No comments: