Friday, October 17, 2008

My 1st Canadian Thanksgiving

My 1st Canadian Thanksgiving! What a great visit I had back home in Canada. It was a long travel day, 12 hrs start to finish but it was worth it.




It was so nice to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with all of our family and friends back in Canada. This time we didn't do a million things but we did manage to visit with everyone. I got to see my Papa and have a couple of really nice visits with him, we took him out of the hospital twice and had lunch over at Sherway mall. He is always so happy to see me, I love it! Check out the nice pics Mommy took of us together.



We had a really nice visit with my new baby cousin Heidi, she is so pretty. She slept most of the time but I could tell that she really enjoyed our company, we used baby code! I can't wait to see her at Christmas, it is going to be so much fun. My "Uncle" cousin Jay is always a lot of fun, he did a good job of entertaining me so Mommy and Erica could have a chance to catch up.








I was so happy to get to see my Uncle Ryan and Gigi for a couple of good visits. They are so much fun, I am really hoping they will be able to come to Tennessee for a visit sometime soon! I even got to see my Great Grand Mere, we had Thanksgiving dinner at her house in Victoria Harbour. She isn't feeling too good but she still managed to play with me and have a good visit.







We also had a nice Thanksgiving dinner at my cousin Lynn and Larry's house. Mommy and Gigi said the Roast beef was fantastic, Larry did a really good job cooking it! It was nice to get to spend some time with my cousins, Larry even played with me, what a funny guy.










I had a great time up North in Orillia at the Hollinger Thanksgiving dinner. Everybody was at dinner except for my Daddy, everyone really missed him! I got to meet my cousin Jon Jon for the first time, what a crazy hair-do he has but I think it suits him. I spent the night at Gram and Pop-Pop's house and we got the chance to have a nice quality visit. We went on a walk through the town of Gravenhurst and had lunch at a cute little cafe where I got to sit in an old fashioned high chair, it was really neat.







It was Mommy's 29th birthday when we were home and Auntie Amy got everyone together for a birthday party. We all got together at one of Mommy's favorite restaurants Colossus, yummy Greek food. It was so nice to see Mommy together with all of her friends, I am pretty sure she had a great time, thanks to everyone who came. I think they were all trying to send her a hint, she got 3 cookbooks for gifts! Plus when we got back to Tennessee Daddy had also bought her a cookbook!!!



On Mommy's birthday we went to a pumpkin patch at Springridge Farm with Cassie and Jen Chambers, wow what a fun place! We got to see some Billy Goats, Turkeys, Bunny Rabitts and tons of pumpkins. Cassie and I played on the hay bails and in the pumpkin patch.






We had a long travel day back to Tenneseee, Mommy and I didn't get home till 2am, we were very exhausted. Unfortunately late that night Dexter had an accident in the backyard, he managed to cut his head open on what we think was a bolt on the fence. Mommy got the bleeding under control that night but ended up having to take him to animal hospital the next morning. Thank goodness for our neighbor Kara, she came over and babysat me while Mommy got things taken care of with Dexter because Daddy was on-call. Dexter had to be sedated and got 6 stitches, my poor doggy Dexter! He is doing well now but we all feel really bad for him.




Well that is all for now, I am tired and need to catch some zzzz'sss...!

Love and miss you all,
Emmie


















No comments: