Saturday, December 6, 2008

Snow and Christmas lights - Winter is here!

Hi Everyone, long time no chat! I just realized that we forgot to post some great pictures we took just before the Thanksgiving weekend. These pics deserve to be on the blog.

One evening we went to the Bristol Speedway Racetrack with the "Battel Family". Every year at Christmas the race track sets up a Christmas light extravaganza, including marshmallow roasting, kids rides and Santa was there as well. It was such a fun evening, we all had a blast. Although, I wasn't a big fan of Santa, I don't like his beard or his hat, it made me cry.












I can't even begin to explain how neat this place was, I guess you will just have to come and see for yourself!

Now when we moved here everyone kept telling us how much warmer it was going to be in winter and how we would be lucky if we saw any snow. Well, they were wrong! It has been quite cold the past week and we got snow, twice. The snow actually stayed on the ground one day so Mommy thought it would be fun for us to go outside and play in it. I am still not too sure if I like snow or not, it feels cold and wet!






It is really starting to look like Christmas in our house, Mommy has been putting up decorations and lights all week. Unfortunately, we discoverd something that made Mommy very sad, all of our Christmas ornaments were left back in Canada in the storage locker. Mommy keeps telling me that we have the nicest, sentimental ornaments but I told her I will see them next year, not to worry. So the other day the two of us went out and bought a whole trees worth of new ornaments and the tree looks great.





Last night we took some family pics and here is a sneak peak, you will see more later once Daddy has a chance to do touchups and cropping!



Well that is all for now. I am sleepy, time for my morning nap! Oh, one more thing, can you believe I am 10 months old already, how time flies when your having fun.

Have a great weekend,

Emmie

No comments: