Thursday, August 14, 2008

6 months old and on the move

Hi everyone, as promised here is my weekly blog update. As you can see from the title of this blog, I am now able to move, I am a crawler. On the weekend I began the "Army crawl" and as of yesterday I was able to do a full on crawl. Mommy and Daddy were so excited to see me crawl, they kept cheering me on with big smiles. But they better watch out because now I will be able to get into more things, which is what I think is very exciting. We have some video of me trying to crawl, I am a little camera shy so it was hard for Mommy and Daddy to get my actual crawling on tape last night.









We have also been using our pool a lot. The other night we had Ella and Fisher over with their Mommy and Daddy (Kara and Chris), we all went into the pool and had lots of fun. Ella is trying to overcome her fear of water and she is doing a great job! Fisher loves the water just like me, except both of us like to drink it and our parents keep telling us "No, yucky", not too sure why it seems good to us.





Speaking of water, Mommy and I came home Sunday night after having a nice dinner with Daddy at the hospital (he was on-call) to find a water leak. Mommy saw water coming through the ceiling and down the wall in the rec room. It turns out the dishwasher heating element burnt a hole in the hot water line and this caused hundreds of gallons of water to pour out under the floor in the kitchen and dining room and down into the rec room. So our house has been turned upside down, their are fans and dehumidifiers running to dry everything out and most of the kitchen has been torn out, as well as the floors in the kitchen and dining room. I think Mommy is about to crazy over all of this, especially having no kitchen. Here are some pics we took so you can all see!




The fans are really loud and with all the contractors coming and going, Mommy and I have been lucky enough to have such wonderful neighbors that let us hang out at their house. Yesterday while we were hanging out with Ella and Fisher we got to playing with sunglasses, check out how cool we look in our shades.




Mommy and I are also taking this time to check out other little towns nearby. We spent the afternoon walking around Jonesborough the other day, it is a cute old little town. One store we really liked was called the Lollipop shop and inside they have a talking tree, it was really neat. We got a bunch of candy to share with everyone at dinner at Ella and Fishers, of course I was not aloud to have any. I am doing a good job at eating though, in the mornings I have oatmeal and at dinner some sort of vegetable, my favorite is sweet potatoes and I can definitely say I hate "green beans", I actually spit them out at Mommy the other night.


Well, that is all for now, hope you are all enjoying the remaining days of Summer in back in Canada! Mommy, Daddy and I are all cheering for the Canadians in the Olympics, sure hope we win at least one medal!!!


Love,

Emmie













ry

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Emmie you're so big! Can't wait to see you later this month. I love how Dexter randomly walks by in the video :)

kara battel said...

i love those pictures of the kids-- it looks like you really like hanging out with us! (maybe you just don't have many options haha!)