Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend escape to the Smoky Mountains

Well, Mommy and Daddy just couldn't take it anymore with all the mess in the house so, we decided to escape for the weekend. Mommy booked us a cabin in the Smoky Mountains, it was spectacular. We had a beautiful log cabin located about 20 minutes from Pigeon Forge, it had a functioning kichen, a hot tub on the deck and it was very peaceful. I had my best sleep ever on our first night, I slept from 7:15 pm friday night till 5:30 am on Saturday, I had a little bit to eat and then went back to bed till 9:00 am! Here are some picture of our cabin:












I love the outdoors so every morning Mommy and Daddy would put me in my exersaucer on the front porch while they sat in the hot tub having their morning coffee (for Mommy) and water (for Daddy). It was so nice to get away from the noise and all the worries of the house, I haven't seen Mommy and Daddy smile so much in a while.










On Saturday we decided to drive into the town of Pigeon Forge, one way to explain this place is to take Niagara Falls and Wasaga Beach and put them together and quadruple the size. There is Dollywood which is like Canada's Wonderland, tons of kids carnival rides, outlet shopping, go kart race tracks, restaurants, Ripleys Museum and Aquarium, tons and tons and tons!!! We had lunch at a place called Calhoun's, then we went shopping and Mommy bought me some clothes at the Carter's outlet, but all the clothes are size 12 months. I guess she is thinking ahead, since I am already in size 6 to 9 months! Daddy found me my very own Adirondack chair to match the adult size one's we have on our back deck. When we were done shopping we were all pretty tired so we decided to put off the carnival rides till Sunday on our way home.






We were sad to leave the cabin but we had to return home and get our house back in order. But before we left we made sure to make a stop at the carnival for little kids. Daddy took me on my first Carousel ride and I got to sit on a horse that goes up and down it was so much fun. Then Mommy took my on my first Choo-choo train ride, wow ever neat! Check out the videos of me enjoying myself.










Well that is all for now, Mommy and I are heading home to Toronto on Thursday so this will be the last blog till we get back. Can't wait to see everyone when we are home.




Love,






Emmie




No comments: