Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy One Week Old Day To Me!!

I'm one whole week old today!! But first, lets talk about what we've been up to over the past couple of days!

Daddy and I watched the Super Bowl together (with some other friends and family of course) and were shocked and a little happy that the New York Giants beat the New England Patriots. In this picture Daddy is teaching me how to 'protect the football'!




























Oooh and I just got a picture of my best friend Cassianna too (thanks cousin Erica!). She's playing with my one of my brothers (Dexter). My brothers have been pretty good to me so far... They are getting used to Mommy and Daddy saying "GENTLE" to them every second word. I'm thinking gentle might be a good first word for me to say!




















I had another one of those baths. I'm getting used to it I guess. I just can't figure out why mommy and daddy insist on taking pictures of every single thing I do!!










On Monday Gigi came over and played with me for hours and hours. She just would not let me sleep. She said something about if I stay awake during the day I might sleep better at night. I'm not sure if it worked, because I'm only a week old and don't really know what night is... but mommy and daddy keep saying I'm sleeping a whole lot better at night now so I guess thats good!
















Yesterday was my first outing out in public. We had a doctors appointment cause I'm was a little more jaundice. My weigh in at the appointment went very well though as I tipped the scales at 7lb 4oz which is almost back to my birth weight already! Mommy and daddy seemed quite pleased with that. Then we went over to the most wonderful place I have ever seen: The Square One Mall. I could have spent hours there and I hope we go back soon.

Mommy and Daddy were going to get a blood test to check my bilirubin levels (to see how yellow I really am), but the lab we went to had a fantastic rule... They don't draw blood from babies. Mommy and Daddy threatened to take me to the hospital this morning to do the test, so I decided to get rid of the jaundice almost completely overnight to avoid getting poked by a needle. Since the jaundice is very much improved and I'm growing well and eating well, they said they wouldn't do the test for now!

We had another snow storm today and have already gotten over 25 cm. Mommy and Daddy said not to worry though, we have something to look forward to. My cousin Tricia is getting married in Costa Rica next month! So I have to go get a passport and a bikini! I can't wait!

Here are a couple more pictures I thought I'd share with you! See my new white skin in the close-up!?




























Daddy had a little nap with me and my brothers on the couch Dexter's head kept my feet pretty warm!!!














Daddy calls this my "one million dollars" pose... I don't get it...















Some people are saying I look like my daddy... So, here is a picture of DADDY at 3 days old (white and blue blanket), do you think he looks a little like me?







































Well, I have to go tell mommy that I'm hungry... I've been doing this thing called cluster feeding lately (translation: I eat all the time!!!). You see, I'm one week old now, I'm gonna be growing faster than you know it!

Thanks for reading, talk to you later!
Emmie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmie: It is good to see all your recent pictures you have posted on your blog. It seems you must be the cleanist baby alive, you are always taking a bath. Hope you enjoyed the super bowl game. I watched it and was hoping the the other team would win, but they did not win, kind of reminded me of watching the Leafs lately. Oh well, there is always next year. Glad you enjoyed the mall. They are always fun. Do you have your own Royal Bank Visa yet????? You will need one of these if you expect to become a super shopper in life.... Anyways, we might come all the way to visit you from Gravenhurst this weekend and we hope to bring your Great Grand Mother Hollinger to see you for the first time, if she is up to making the trip. I sure hope so. You will have to make sure you are on your best behaviour of course... Anyways, time for me to go to bed, it is getting late, and I have to work tomorrow... Love, your Pop-pop.