Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm HERE!!!!!

Well, as many of you have heard by now, I finally decided to come out of mommy's belly and I sure made things exciting!



















Daddy had to go to London on Tuesday night for an interview for residency at the University of Western Ontario. At the last minute, mommy decided to go with him... Lucky she did because I really liked London and on Tuesday night just before 10 pm (right after the leafs lost) mommy went into labour!! Things went really quickly from there! At 11pm (just one hour later) mommy and daddy decided they had to go to the hospital soon! At about 11:10pm mommy's water broke in the car while it was parked 3 feet from the emergency room doors!! The nice people at University Hospital kindly told us that they don't deliver babies and mommy was rushed down the street in an ambulance to St. Joseph's Hospital!

At 2:30am on January 30th 2008, I officially entered the world. I weighed 7 lb 5 oz, and was 19" long. Mommy and Daddy say I'm the cutest thing they have ever seen, but they are a little biased.

I stayed overnight at St. Josephs hospital and made my Grandparents (Gigi Cullen and Gram and Pop-pop Hollinger) drive through a winter storm to come see me. My aunt Kristina (Ta Ta)
and Uncle Chris also made the trip from woodstock, and Mommy's co-worker Rosalind who lives in london stopped by! Mommy and Daddy were glad that even though we were so far from home we had plenty of visitors to share in our joy!!

































After everyone at the hospital said I was a very healthy baby (and daddy went to his interview) they let us come home. My first car ride was a two hour drive, but mommy and daddy were very surprised and relieved that I really enjoyed it!

We got home and I met my 2 doggies Ryder and Dexter... They are a little overwhelming and sure do like sniffing me, but we are starting to get along really well... can you see the video daddy took? I think it shoud work, I'm still learning how to blog!!


A whole bunch of people came over to take turns holding me. I can't remember all of their names, but I sure did like being held!!

My first night at home was pretty good considering... I slept in a little bassinet near mommy and daddy's bed, but the puppy's sleep on the bed too. Dexter wanted to sniff me all night long!!! We did get some good sleep though (I think thats the first time I even got to see mommy sleep!).

Today we had a big snowstorm!! Mommy and daddy bundled me up and took me to meet my new family doctor. She said I was very pretty, but maybe a little yellow. Nothing to worry about yet, it's probly some big word daddy said (physiologic jaundice) and will go away soon.

After the doctors I got to meet the last of my grandparents!!! Papa Cullen sure was happy to see me! We got to spend some quality cuddling time together and he thinks I look like my daddy.

Well, I'm back home again now, and mommy and daddy are going to try to give me my first bath at home... I'll be sure to let you know how that goes!!

I have lots more pics to share, and lots more stories to share! I can't wait to meet the rest of you, and with any luck daddy can put more of my pics up soon!! So check this website often for updates, or if you prefer please email daddy and he can set it up so you get an email anytime there is a new posting!














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, now I will leave a nice comment, cause I now know how to, high tech ya know. I hope everyone thinks Emmie is a beautiful a her Mom and Dad certainly do, cause she IS!!!!! She is also good at blogging as you can tell from her site. Good work Emmie. All the people at the Royal Bank bought your Pop-pop a new book and a picture frame, to put a picture of you into it. I have done so allready and will prouldy put it on my desk Emmie. The next time I come to visit you I will bring my new book down so we can read it together. It is call "Just Grandpa and Me" and it looks real good Emmie. It's got Pictures in it! Anyways see you soon Emmie.

Anonymous said...

Bienvenue Emmie !
And Congratulations to your Mom and Dad ! I don't know if you already have Canadian friends, but you do have a French one ! His name is Valentin and I hope you too will meet soon...
Melanie.